I'm 28 (though for some reason Steve keeps trying to convince me I'm 29. why is that funny?).
At the risk of getting lost in meaningless thoughts, I thought today about how life goes....It just keeps running, and at an ever increasing pace, it seems like.
I feel the same as I did when I was 12 (except maybe a little more comfortable in my skin--may have something to do with being done with braces *shudder*) but here I am a college grad, a returned missionary, a wife to the best boy I fell in love with freshman year at the BY, and a mother to two sweet little people.
In the last four years alone I have lived in Brazil, Grantsville, Salt Lake, California, and now Oregon.
There have been lots of happy, happy things. Like the night (one week after I got home from my mission) I told my dad I was going to marry Steve. He didn't say anything, just gave me the bones. :) And my birthday in 2007 when I found out little Judd would be joining the party. Or, just a few weeks ago, when we blessed little Wren and my whole family and most of Steve's family got to be there. --pictures pending--
There are things that have been tough--though when faced with those things I have to be SO thankful for my mission. If I learned anything in 1 1/2 years it is that "this too shall pass." Even if something is terribly hard, painful, annoying, inconvenient, happy, funny, lazy, busy...whatever, it will not last forever. The point is to ask for the strength to see it through joyfully.
I'm joining the club of moms who want to keep their kids in a shoe box and not let them grow anymore. (I know, its a little bit creepy of a club) My Judders and Wren-a-len are changing and growing and are not staying my babies.
I learning how to cook and sew(a very little bit!). I'm trying to take the time to play and trying to find "projects" i can be excited about (thanks for the inspiration Mom, Gen and Car). And, dare I say it, I'm realizing that time is finite, at least for me and my little life.
ahhhh, and we're back to time. Like I said, it just keeps going.


6 comments:
Happy Birthday! So good to talk to you today. I hope you get feeling better. May I just say I love and echo your lists of favorite movies and books on your profile. Want to make chocolate chip cookies (a little overdone) and watch "What's Up, Doc?" this weekend? I wish. Boo for living on opposite sides of the country.
I love this post. My thoughts exactly. I am not friends with time.
I love you Lonzi. I thought of you several times today, even though I never got a chance to call you. I hope you had a fantastic day. I miss you and will always be grateful for my oldest friend. (That term sounds bad on your birthday, huh? I guess I should say "the person I've been friends with the longest.")
You are so wonderful Lonzo! I have never forgotten the day of your birthday, it's stuck in my brain from childhood days ;0)!!!
I have such great memories of your birthday, sleepovers, treats, and laughs!
I hope your birthday was wonderful! I hope you realize how much you are loved and appreciated!
Love ya kiddo!
Happy Birthday Loni. You sure did marry a great guy and have two great kids(looking forward to more pics of Wren). It was fun reading your thoughts. Tell Stevo hi for me.
belated happy birthday! i think it's funny that steve has tried to convince you that you are actually 29 - for years i've been trying to get felicia to think her childhood dog was named "scruffles" instead of "scruffy" . . . maybe it's a guy thing.
Post a Comment