Tuesday, October 18, 2011

15 minutes and early Halloween kiddos!


Happy early Halloween from Darth Vader and Miss Strawberry!

Last Thursday we had a fun rotating Halloween party in our neighborhood. Each house had a different activity. Our kiddos got to decorated cookies, made magnets, played pumpkin bowling, read spooky stories, put together/just ate fun veggie animals, and, at our house, we got to have a jack-o-lantern scavenger hunt. It was, as Judders said, "The best day ever".

My favorite thing is watching the kiddos get so excited to dress up. I made my boys little cape (photo finish) the afternoon before the party and while I was helping him put it on Sister asked where her cape was. So, this morning, while Brother was at school, the Wrenner-babes and I made a strawberry cape. love it.

One of my favorite mommy blogs to read is 71toes.com. It inspires me to be a more present mother. love it.

So one of her recent posts was about how much time blogging takes. AMEN! I think that may be the main reason I don't do as much as I should.....especially with our family so far away. She decided to limit her blogging to 15 minutes a morning as a way to open up more time to be with her family. I saw that and a little lightbulb went off! Its Genius! Why have I never thought of just limiting the time so I don't spend forever posting and hating it?

So my friends, here we go. Let the 15 min blog experiment begin. or end. My 15 minutes is up :).

3 comments:

Carly said...

amen to all that. great idea. oh, I guess I am only blogging once a month now it seems. hu. wonder if can add up all my time and apply it to my once a month. sounds good.
in LOVE with the capes, of course miss strawbelly! bet she loves it as much as judders.
watch for a little halloween card coming in the mail to the cousins. darth vader looks on top of the moon. love you guys.

Sally said...

cute costumes! so fun to see.

Sharon said...

Yay for new posts! I love to see those adorable Platt kids! :) It was so good to talk to you yesterday! Love you to pieces!