Sunday, August 4, 2013

Wren + Makeup = 45 year old woman


Steve and I decided about 6 months ago that we wanted to get to know our kiddos better.   So we began dating...our kids.  At least once a month (a.k.a. when Stevo has a day off) we each get to take one kiddo (plus Ford....who is still a bit of a tag-a-long) on a special activity of their choice.

Yesterday I got to be our Wren's date and we went to the Clinique counter :).  We got blush and lip gloss applied by ladies in long white coats.   And then we went to the dollar store and she got to pick out her very own make up.  

It was all I could do to convince her not to bring all her make up to church.  We compromised with her taking only the lip gloss.  Let me tell you about those extremely glossy lips next to me on the pew.

But after church she let loose and there were several hours of makeup application.  About half way through I got this picture.  It doesn't do the artistic expression justice.  Purple and black eye shadow.  Orange blush from eye to jaw.  An extremely healthy dose of pink sparkle lip gloss.  

It really adds a few years to the Wren-girl.  If you come to my house and are greeted by a 3-foot tall middle-aged woman, its just my almost 4 year old daughter. :)


No comments: