Sunday, February 19, 2012

Our newest love

Please welcome Ford Lawrence.  The most darling new member of our family.  Born February 9, 2012 at 7:15 PM, weighing 7 lbs 5 oz and measuring in at 20 inches. He was officially one week and 2 days late....I so was not a fan of that wait.  But we couldn't be happier that he is here!

I'm realizing we really need to work on taking more pictures of this guy.  We've been in survival mode since mom Lawrence went home.  Our kiddos are thrilled with all the shows they get to watch and wii we let them play and I'm remembering how much time just feeding a newborn takes (not that I'm complaining!  Just look at that sweet face-- how can you complain when you get to spend all day looking into that?)     

I have to say Little Ford's birth was awesome.  My first truly, all-the-way natural birth and probably (I know you won't believe this) my least painful.  I've gained a whole new appreciation for how amazing our bodies are.

Judd and Wren are loving their new brother and Steve and I are getting used to our new roles as full-time body guards.  Little Ford still gets lots of pokes in his eyes and ears.  What can you do?

And so life we three little ones is happening at the Platt house and we are slowly but surely getting into the groove.  At least I hope.    

5 comments:

Felicia said...

Isn't it amazing what our bodies can do? Congrats! He's adorable!

Elise said...

Congratulations! What a sweetie!

Carly said...

oh I love him. and he is the cutest of all the lawrence's we know. even uncle mattie. sorry mattie. and can't wait to kiss and hug and love.

Sharon said...

Congrats to you guys! You never cease to amaze me, Lonz. Thanks for being you and thanks for making such amazing kids! :)

Julie said...

Hooray! I hear three is a crazy transition. Way to go going natural. PS - No worries about not calling. I totally understand!